3/27/08

Reflections-- Paper War

Sorry, for the late post because of a bad internet connection which has still not really been fixed yet, but at least good enough to post. Ok, lets get down to my reflections...

That day was just like any ordinary day, flag-raising followed by the collection of newspaper for reading period. Now, in my perspective, this is what happened in class during reading period. We started our reading period as per normal but soon, some people (including me), started to get bored of reading the chinese papers. So, Andre rolled his newspaper into a ball and started throwing it at Bo Wei which hit him on the head. This is when the 'paper war' started.

Somehow, somebody threw a newspaper (which was not rolled into a ball) which landed at the feet of Zi Yang. I beckoned for him to pass me that newspaper and when I got my hands on it, I decided to throw it away. As Nicholas would put it, a not yet rolled up newspaper would not go as far when thrown as compared to a rolled up newspaper ball. Therefore, when I threw the newspaper, it did not go to where I intended it to go, but instead, landed on Jia Hao's desk and probably gently hit Leslie's arm because he was turned around to talk or look at the commotion happening at the other side. (Shan Yao, Ryan)

I apologised to Leslie for probably hitting him on his arm lightly. Then Shan Yao threw a newspaper ball at Jia Hao, hitting Jia Hao on his back. Jia Hao did not know who threw that at that time, I presume, thus he blamed Zi Yang for it. Zi Yang who actually did not do anything wrong was blamed. And just like any other person who had been blamed, he shifted the blame to me.

Obviously, I would not let people just accuse me of something I did not do, so I argued back and tried to prove my innocence. Then, just when our argument barely started, Zi Yang threw a newspaper ball at my head, which hurt, because it was within such close proximity. Of course, I became angry and wanted to retaliate. I took the newspaper ball and threw it back at him. However, just before I threw, I thought of the consequences if I ever hit Zi Yang and that it would also mean that I was guilty. I just wanted to give Zi Yang a scare, thus, I controlled myself and threw the ball hard at the locker next to Zi Yang. Next, I took the newspaper from his desk and slammed it on his table instead of what I originally planned to do (whack him HARD).

Soon Mr. Krison came in and stopped the argument and changed our seating arrangements. I must say sorry to all for creating such a din and I want to thank James, Wei Heng and all the others that tried to stop the arguement. Though I must say that what Jia Hao was angry about was not about the newspaper that gently touched him but rathar the ball that hit him on the back. And If I were the one that threw the newspaper ball that hit Jia Hao on his back, then how could I have also hit Leslie who was at his seat? ALSO, how could I have hit Jia Hao when the newspaper I threw was not rolled up, but the one that hit Jia Hao is rolled up? Is it not simple logic?

Anyways I think that Zi Yang should not have got so angry and lost his temper and used violence to retaliate. Use words instead of violence. I am at wrong for also losing my temper and attempting to scare Zi Yang. Sorry to anyone for offending you in anyway and for creating such a
racket in class.

Edward Chow (5) 1O

3 comments:

Gameorock said...

O.o No wonder you so mad at me....but actually JH said two balls hit him now. One is the one you threw, which hit him and he look at me. He said that one wasn't very painful, so he was only irritated at me. The one Shan Yao threw was the one he said that was painful when it hit him. In order words, there are two wars, with JH dragged in from the middle once Shan Yao and Ryan spreaded their infueunce through two sides of the class T.T

kinged95 said...

howver Zi Yang, you should state clearly in your reflection. You said that the newspaper I threw hit JH on his head but i did not. And please do not suddenly erupt and get angry so easily, try to keep yourself calm otherwise, it would be difficult to settle the matter.

AlphadiosThe2nd said...

it hit him on the back!!!

o
o o _____
O o o O | |
/|\o o o /|\ < Ouch!|
/ \ / \ |_____|